Monday, May 14, 2007

If there's one thing I've learned...

If there's one thing I've learned about this freelance game so far it's:

Never count a query out.

More than a month ago I applied for a freelance position with a respected academic publisher and after a few weeks I lost hope that I would hear from this particular position. It seems that I (incorrectly) assumed that a job of this sort would go quickly. Apparently (thankfully) I was wrong. I heard from the company today and they requested more info (references, writing sample), so it appears I might still have a chance!

As the proud owner of the "Most Impatient Woman on Earth" title, I have to remember, sometimes progress takes a while. Much longer than I would like.

Cross your fingers! It would be wonderful to be able to pay rent and buy food once I move across the country in a few weeks.

1 comment:

April said...

No kidding, that has happened to me several times. Once you send something, you never really know how long they'll hold onto it. Good luck!!