Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Holy crap.

Well, I just did it. I submitted a piece of my fiction for consideration in a Very. Respectable. Journal (no, it's not The New Yorker or anything, just a quarterly lit journal). Now it's time for the heart attack. This particular story has been written and stewing for several *years* now, so I figured it was probably time to shit or get off the pot, as it were. I gave it a once over several weeks ago, and I gave it another once over tonight, and now it's on its merry way, via the glorious Internet to a Very. Swanky. Editor. So, we'll see. I do have every expectation of being mercilessly shot down, but I figure if I'm ever to succeed I've gotta start stacking up the bodies rejection letters in hopes of getting an acceptance letter.

14 comments:

Bookfool said...

Good for you, lady!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's pretty darn cool.

CdnReader said...

GOOD LUCK!! :)

Melissa said...

Better now than never. You gotta make the plunge sometime. I do hope for the best, though!

Lotus Reads said...

Wonderful news and fingers crossed for you!

*it's terribly hard typing with my fingers crossed*

Les said...

This is great! I have every bit of confidence in you, Andi! We'll all be able to say we knew you when! (Les, the exclamation point enthusiast!)

Andi said...

Thanks BF, Jen, and Cdn!

Melissa, that was my thought. I might as well start failing early so I can succeed later. lol

LOL, thanks, Lotus! I appreciate the crampy typing. :)

Thank you, Les!!! I appreciate all those exclamation marks very much. :D

Cipriano said...

Ahhh, good luck to you.
I have written a few stories, but submitted none, nowhere.
Kudos to you! I wish you the best!

Andi said...

Thank you, Cipriano! I've got all my parts crossed for a pleasant result. Let me know if/when you submit something and I'll certainly cross my parts for you, too! :D

Heather said...

I could swear I left a comment here! Anyway, I think you are awesome!! Tell us when they write back to you to beg for more material!

Anonymous said...

Good for you and good luck! You have to put yourself out there at some point....(my husband keeps telling me the same thing about my photographs!)

Let us know when you hear back!

Andi said...

Thanks, Heather!

Christine, it's the sad truth, isn't it? I figured I might as well just jump out there and hope for the best!

Kate S. said...

Well done! It's so hard to let them go, but so very important. I'll be thinking good thoughts for an acceptance.

Pensativo said...

all the best :)