Thursday, August 2, 2007

Trucking right along...

Thank God for that notebook. Really. I've been jotting down character traits, character history, fine details and more vignette ideas almost constantly. A long car ride tends to yield the most fruitful thought because what else is there to do in a rural area while driving alone? Not much, let me tell ya.

It's been extremely hard to get on top of my freelance articles this week because the book is pulling at my attention constantly.

I hope to commit more actual novel to paper this weekend or early next week. As of now, I still only have a rough ending.

Oh, and apparently people are actually linking to this blog which is more than a little surprising to me given the lack of serious posting thus far. So, in the grand tradition of narcissism, I shall post here more often so those of you linking lovelies will have something of my drivel to read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the notebook. I was sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store the other day, watching people and realizing that there were people just waiting to be turned into fictional characters. Perhaps I should give the notebook a shot (besides, it would give me an excuse to buy a new notebook)...

Andi said...

Sarah, I look at people and think "character" all the time. There was a guy in an airport once...I can't remember if it was Atlanta or Charlotte...but he was SUCH a character. He was probably in his mid-30s but he seemed stuck in that fraternity boy phase. He had a big cougar tattooed across his calf, and he was wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. The real man's man sports guy with two boys in tow that acted just like him. When I initially saw him, he was LAYING ON THE FLOOR. My first thought was actually "douchebag," but then I moved on to "character."