Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Life Stuff Rides Again

It's been a long time (too long) since I've posted here!

I am happy to say that I've been busy writing, which is one of the reasons I've been so absent. My current freelance position, writing search engine optimized (SEO) articles for a reputable academic publisher has taken up a good bit of my time. I write at least 40 articles a month, and I'm trying to up those numbers a bit before the school year starts.

Which leads me to the next item keeping me away from this blog and my creative writing. I've been blessed (BLESSSSED) with a job teaching Developmental Reading and Freshman Composition at a local community college. I'm particularly excited about this position because the school is so much larger and well-endowed in the technology department than the last community college where I taught. Right now I'll be teaching on a part-time basis, but the head of the English department seems quite interested in getting me on full-time when a position becomes available. I'm just thrilled to be teaching. After four years of it, I'm absolutely hooked, and there's little else (besides being a professional reader and full-time writer) that I'd rather do.

As for my creative writing, well, it's fallen to the wayside for the moment. However, I do have a goal for myself: finish my novel within the next six months. I guess I need to get on the ball if I'm going to have any chance of reaching that goal. I have a young adult novel swimming around at the forefront of my head, so I think I'll start there.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for productivity!

The teaching job sound fab!

And I hope I get to peek at the YA novel ;)

Andi said...

You will definitely get a peek at the YA novel, Heatheroo! It's very close to getting started (finally).